Prints, Purple and Publications













                          (Photography by: Bruce LaMotte)

The Look: Grid print crop top- JCPenney, Fuschia pencil skirt- JCPenney, Studded Valentino inspired heels- Cicihot.com, Aqua studs- Francesca's Collections, Beaded black necklace- Charming Charlie, Circle shades- Dallas Market Center


Pull out all the stops in this purple pencil skirt, paired with a printed crop top. The right amount of color, print and rock star accessories, create the most glam, office, street style look. That's a thing right? If not, I'm just creating imaginary ideals in my brain. I envision this office friendly "stop them in their tracks" outfit, to be worn by a fearless  fashionista. She embodies confidence, femininity and personal style. In my head, I would wear this to a meeting with my Editor in Chief at Elle Magazine. I would bring my editorial and feature story ideas to her, she would reject them, make me re-write the entire thing and I would love every minute of it. Now, I am just daydreaming here, but maybe my future fashion career will entail some form of publications, who knows. I always secretly knew there was a reason I drowned myself in deadlines when I was an Opinion Editor for my high school newspaper. My advisor back then, Carol Richtsmeier, "Mrs. Ritchie" as we called her, was like Miranda Priestly in the Devil Wears Prada if you can imagine. Every column I wrote, was re-written and edited at least ten times. She even referred to the newspaper staff as "stupid," which I secretly loved. Thanks to Ritchie, my love for writing and publications has flourished intensely.

Stay Glam,
Hannah Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment